Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I am so sorry....

I feel like I need Naomi to give me a good melancholy Shakespearean quote or something that could adequately describe what New Hampshire just did. I just...no words...

As a follow up Naomi provided me this quote, which I believe is from Macbeth (correct me if I'm wrong). It is very appropriate to the pain of political rhetoric. Thanks!

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps upon its petty pace
until the last syllable of recorded time...
Out, out, brief candle! Life is but a poor player fretting and strutting his time across the stage,
It is a tale told by an idiot,
Full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

(grossly paraphrased)

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps upon its petty pace
until the last syllable of recorded time...
Out, out, brief candle! Life is but a poor player fretting and strutting his time across the stage,
It is a tale told by an idiot,
Full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

(grossly paraphrased)

Adam said...

Remind me to taunt you about this :)