Sunday, January 6, 2008

Much Awaited Christmas Blog

Here it is! I hoped all of my avid readers (consisting of Dane and sometimes Arielle) will enjoy these pictures giving some insight into the Sloan family Christmas. Below you'll see highlights from our Christmas eve program. Dad played Redeemer of Israel (as part of his "learning all the songs in the hymnbook" goal). Arielle and I played a violin duet of Greensleeves. Mom played a medley of Silent Night and Still, Still, Still. Ashlee sang something (it's now escaping me) and Crystal read a story. I only have pictures here of Dad and Arielle and I, but, oh well. Notice the ENORMOUS stockings in the background that Mom that it would be fun to get this year. She was right. This was followed by some of the most desperate Christmas caroling I've ever taken part in. We only got one of about 10 houses we caroled at for people to come to the door. Next year we'll have to send out "caroler etiquette" pamphlets a week in advance so people know what to do.
This picture was taken Christmas morning while I was braiding my hair. Crystal put herself together, I went with the "just rolled out of bed look" for the whole day. Something about our expressions makes us look more alike in this picture than in any picture taken probably within the last decade. Laura and I had to sit here for a second figuring out if I was really in this picture or if this was just Crystal twice over.
We had some fun going to the movies and then playing games with Heather and Spencer. We saw "I am Legend". I don't recommend it, it creeped me out. This was us battling out a game of Taboo. I'm a little competitive. It's true.
Here's another one of Spencer and Heather at Institute. There was a candlelight dinner after and Spencer wandered around playing his accordion for everyone. He had just successfully taken his show to the NYC streets for a day. Made $32 if I remember the story correctly. This is Heather trying it out...Sadly I don't have a picture of this year's EPIC Wade-Sloan basketball game where my team (team "Christmas Tree") consisting of me and 4 Wades, including Bishop) tied team Voldemort (led by Crystal and containing Sister Wade and Dad , Arielle and another Wade boy) after an hour and a half at 68-68. We didn't go into overtime to decide a winner, though I'm not exactly sure why not. It just seemed like the thing to do in the moment was to call a tie. And a truce. Ashlee didn't come to play basketball with us because she was off hanging out with a boy. Silly Ashlee. We got to spend more time with the Wades. Ashlee, Arielle and I went over there for New Year's Eve, since Mom and Dad were going to turn in early. Crystal left earlier that day for Utah, which was too bad. But we had a fun time playing games with the Wadlings and Bishop and Sister Wade. As always there was also very good food. Mostly I gained 5 pounds over the break. That was pretty much the outcome. Those five pounds went straight to my cheeks.
Just kidding.


Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Dane said...

Great pictures! I enjoyed most seeing you and Crystal together.. ( can tell you apart). Have a wonderful week.

Adam said...

Looks like you had fun!