Saturday, January 5, 2008

Mid-winter's cleaning

So the natural thing to do at this point would be to make a Christmas blog entry. Unfortunately, that's a little difficult since my camera is kind of sick so I didn't take any pictures, and apparently, neither really did anyone else. There should be a few out there, though and I'm hoping to collect them from siblings (Ashlee). So in the meantime I thought I would inspire you all with the results of my mid-winter's cleaning/rearranging that has resulted from moving Laura into Leslie's old room and the perpetual process of dekittenification of the floors, rugs, etc. Every day I've given myself some little project to do after work. Wednesday was bulk up the food storage/organize the kitchen food cabinets and the shoes in the closet day. Tuesday was lighter (I picked up Laura from the airport and she's been HORRIBLY sick with a cough/sinus infection/double ear infections that she traveled across the country with, poor girl). So then I just did the kitchen shelves with the cleaning supplies. Last night was getting the cables for the DVD player (got the wrong ones originally) and then be lazy watching movies day. And finally, today being a Saturday, was the big room moving project. So below you will see what my room looked like this morning, and below you will see what it looks like now! The last picture is the view out the window when laying down on my bed. It feels much roomier now (pardon the pun) and I wish I'd done it this way much sooner! I can already tell you that my back will be pretty sore tomorrow from doing all this, despite the Billins' daughter from downstairs coming up to help me move the top bunk back into the other room.

No comments: